Sunday, August 15, 2010

CLTC 4 2010... AMAZING!

Attending CLTC was without a doubt the best part of my summer! I attended Chapter Leadership Training Conference at the American Hebrew Academy in Greensboro, NC. While spending the most amazing twelve days of my life there, I learned leadership skills and creative programming that I will be able to share with my chapter. The skills learned at CLTC will be beneficial not only in BBYO chapters but also in the real world. All of the leadership skills were taught through interactive programming, and these hands-on experiences were always challenging and fun. CLTC teaches the history of BBYO, and it opens the door for teens to really get involved and make an impact in this movement. Most importantly, I learned a lot about BBYO and becoming a leader, while having the time of my life.

At CLTC everyone was welcoming and friendly, and by the twelfth day we all felt like we had known each other for years. Strong bonds were formed due to our common love for BBYO. We all got the experience of working together towards a common goal. It was a great feeling to have accomplished something at the end of each day. Meeting BBYO teens from all over the country was a great experience, and I was able to learn a lot from them by talking about how their chapters work compared to ours. CLTC was inspiring and can really impact a person’s life. I was able to experience so many things for the first time. I learned a lot about myself including my strengths, weaknesses, values, and who I want to become.

CLTC helps a person to gain confidence to try new things and puts teens in the mindset to believe in themselves. There were many times during the session when I thought to myself “it doesn’t get any better than this.” Everyone joining together for song sessions, spirit, and inductions into the International Order of BBYO are some of my favorite memories. During all three of these instances there was a unique and special feeling among the group of teens that is indescribable. Overall, the campus was beautiful, the lessons were valuable, the programs were inspiring, the friendships were strong, and the memories will never be forgotten.


by Lindsay Goodman of LeOlum BBG

No comments:

Post a Comment